Thursday, July 19, 2012

No Rest for the Wicked...or the Weary

If I were a housing loan, I'd be underwater at the moment.  I have too much to do and not enough hours in the day and night to do it all.

Now some is work, as in stuff that will bring in money to pay the bills, but other parts of it are leftovers from mother's death as well as just an accumulation of things that I had been waiting on...and which all came about RIGHT NOW.  Some I have been waiting on for more than a year and all of a sudden, they have to be done RIGHT NOW!!!

Now I know all about prioritizing and making lists with the most important things first etc. etc. (Cue the King from the King and I about now.."Etcetera, Etcetera.) But everything and everyone on the list firmly believes that his or her project/demand/need is the number one and I need to do it RIGHT NOW.

I have been, literally, working for 12 to 14 hours straight and the moment I get one thing crossed off, the next one surges to the top like a maniacal rabid rat.

Which brings me to the point of this entry.  When I do get something crossed off the list, instead of being able to take the time to celebrate the accomplishment, I feel the need to move immediately to the next thing on the list. 

No time to rest.
No time to waste.

I wonder if any of you feel the same way?  That the only function of the "to do" list is to show what you have to do RIGHT NOW!

Can you tell I'm getting tired?  I keep hoping that maybe, through some miracle, I might actually get caught up and can...rest?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments. Let's talk!