Today is the 19th anniversary of my father's death and, of course, Mother's Day. It's the second without my mother, although I don't recall much of last year at all.
So, remembering both my parents in prayer today. I am grateful for:
1. The fountains in my yard. Here's the one I see the most often. It reminds me of the Middle East, even though it is set in the midst of Oregon greenery.
2. The restoration and on-going healing of a relationship. Only God knows the end of the story, but I am grateful for the healing that has taken place.
3. Skype, which allows me to "talk" with my son.
4. The white cupboards in my kitchen.
5. Fabreze...I have cats. They have litter. Connect the dots.
Prayer Score Card
I have 10 things on my list this month. So far there have been 3 "Yes" and the rest are still waiting.
Interestingly, and this is something I want to explore in more detail, the more specific the prayer, the more specific the answer. And the more immediate the prayer, the more immediate the answer. Both yes and no.