Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Metaphysics of Plumbing Problems

I have been plagued with plumbing issues for the past month: the Great Sewage Affair that necessitated replacing flooring (and for which I got yet another bill, which was more than double the estimate), an upstairs toilet overflowing and today a leak under the kitchen sink.  Not to mention that the toilet in the office where I was yesterday kept running and running.

Since I do believe that what happens in our lives is an opportunity to learn a lesson, I've been trying to figure out what lessons might be involved in having plumbing issues.

Now some friends have suggested that the only issue is that the plumbing is old, but that's not the case with the kitchen sink.  It's relatively (less than a year) new.  So whatever lesson is to be learned has to applicable to both new and old plumbing. And clean as well as dirty water.

Water is symbolic of life and other things such as:

  • Transformation
  • Subconscious
  • Fertilization
  • Purification
  • Reflection
  • Intuition
  • Renewal
  • Blessing
  • Motion
  • The Feminine
  • New Life aka Baptism
  • Cleansing
  • Stagnation (if water is blocked)
 So what lesson is there in the broken, dripping, blocked plumbing that I need to pay attention to?
 
I'm honestly not sure.  But I'm willing to listen to the small, still voice within and see what answers might "flow" to me.  As soon as I have a clue, I'll be sure to let you know.
 


2 comments:

  1. Hello Dude,

    Many plumbing problems are preventable. Some of the most commons causes of a home plumbing emergency are things like leaks, broken pipes, frozen pipes and clogs. I hope that it eventually proves easier for you the reader to follow the postings and comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having frequent plumbing problems can really stress you out. I think a thorough check up of your pipe system should be done immediately. Something must have been overlooked that's why it keeps happening. Doing your own plumbing will save you a lot of money, but if problems still persist, it only means you already need help.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments. Let's talk!