Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Prayer Experiment

Yesterday I said that I was going to keep track of my prayers for a month, see what sorts of answers I get and then report here on the results as they happen.

I have eight prayers listed in my journal, some of which are HUGE and seemingly impossible; some of which are frantic and some of which are more minor.  But as part of the experiment, I am trying to record all the prayers, not just the big, HUGE, frantic ones.

And the results are....

Yesterday I got a "yes" when I asked to feel some relief from the constant griefwalking and to be able to rest just one night.  I actually had peace until morning. 

I also got a "yes" when I asked for help in meeting a deadline that I was struggling with and things fell into place quickly.

Then there's the NO!. I have a 99.9% no on a something to do with settling my mother's estate, something that I had really really hoped would be a yes.  There's still that .1% chance of a yes, but if it is a yes, it's going to take a really long time, a lot of dealing with legal affairs and a bona fide miracle.  So far, barring some realio trulio miracle, it's a no.  And a rather tough one since this involved the last thing my mother hoped and prayed for me and it doesn't look like it's going to come to pass.

As for the rest, so far there hasn't been any answer or even any glimmer of an answer.

I'll keep you posted.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments. Let's talk!