Thursday, January 19, 2012

Catching Healing

I came home last night to a cold house, two very hungry cats (who have continual access to dry food, but really only consider wet food worth eating) and a massive allergy attack.  At the time I wasn't quite sure if I was coming down with a cold, since I had the proverbial chills/fever/runny nose or just a very nasty allergy from something.

I had several things I had to do, like feed the beasts and cook some chicken breasts before they spoiled, so I wasn't able to head immediately to bed.  When I finally got upstairs, I was downright sick.  No SICK!!  I curled up in bed, feeling perfectly miserable and feeling perfectly justified in my misery.

But somewhere in the middle of the night, 2 a.m. I think it was, I remembered what a good friend,best-selling author Lauraine Snelling always says, "Never say you are getting sick.  Say you are catching healing." So I told myself, "You are catching healing.  You are feeling better.  You are feeling fine."

I didn't feel particularly fine and I didn't feel particularly healthy.  But I clutched my box of kleenex, put the cool cloth on my head and the hot water bottle on my feet and went to sleep.

This morning, I feel somewhat better.
I am catching healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments. Let's talk!