Uphill From Here
After such an inauspicious start to my summer, I figure things HAVE to go up, right? So I'm counting blessings this morning:
1) the old cat (who was only 10 by the way) didn't suffer and died quickly
2) the new kitten survived the vicious poodle attack and is recovering nicely
3) all my medical tests have been clean
4) my son came home for a visit at least and we had a good time together
5) my friend who moved is very happy in the new location, having left some difficult personal issues behind
So, after wallowing in my own personal pity party, I'm now trying to look at the blessings.