Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Woman of Few Words...Sometimes

I am in awe of people who can blog thousands of seemingly effortless words each day, rain or shine, happy or sad, good or bad. I can't do that.

I generally write tight.  500 words and I think I've said everything that needs to be said on a topic. At least everything that I can say on the subject. And when I'm going through inner turmoil, the words are even more sparse. I go into a sort of "radio silence," hunkering down in my own mind as I try to deal and process with whatever is going on.

The last week or so has been one of the hunkered weeks for me. The first anniversary of my mother's death has passed and a new year, a new life has begun. But despite my cheery, self-pep-talks, my emotions haven't quite caught up with my intellectual realizations. 

And so I retreat into the silence, fighting with some old familiar demons, and hoping, trusting, that I breathe and pray my way into peace...even if it is just for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments. Let's talk!