Monday, December 31, 2012

A Year (Almost) of Prayer

Since last May I've been keeping a Prayer Scorecard, a list of answered and unanswered prayers. The original idea was to help me see if my prayers were really being answered. It had been a bleak and difficult year and I needed some measurable evidence.

Now that the year is coming to an end, I've tallied up the prayers. Now, many of them, especially the ones that are still in the Wait or Not Yet Answered category have been moved from month to month, so the tally isn't completely accurate. But the ratio of yes, no and not yet is what interests me.

So, from May to December, there have been:
47 Yes
25 No
78 Not Yet

So, I have had nearly twice as many prayer requests granted as I have had denied. But nearly as many prayers as the combined yes and no are still unanswered. Since most of these, if not all, eventually have to have a yes or no, I'm going to continue keeping the Score Card for a few more months, at least.

And I continue to hope that the majority of prayers will be "yes" again in 2013.

1 comment:

  1. These are just my prayers. Not those I've been asked to pray for others. I figured I'd know more quickly if the answer was yes, no or not yet.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments. Let's talk!