Monday, October 01, 2012

None so blind

I scratched my cornea last week and it's been attempting to heal...slowly.  I have moments of fairly good visions and long stretches where I'm looking at the world through a scratched plexiglass shield.  Since I pretty much depend on my vision to write and edit, it's been frustrating and troubling, to say the least.

But the doctor says it will heal, given time.

So, as I put cold cloths on my eyes and lie on my back, saying the rosary and pondering things, I wonder what it is that I'm not seeing metaphysically speaking?  I've come to realize that those sayings like, "He's a pain in the neck" and "That gives me a headache" aren't just metaphors; they reflect a mind-body wisdom. When someone really annoys us, we do get a pain in the neck or a headache.  It's the link between our mind and body.

So I've been asking myself what it is that I'm not seeing clearly in my life, what I'm not willing to see clearly? Such self-analysis isn't all that easy.  If it were, it probably wouldn't manifest itself physically. 

So I'm taking some time to think, to pray and to reflect.  To ask the Holy Spirit to show me what it is that I'm avoiding by not looking at it, what is blurry and unclear in my life. 

I'm not sure what it is, but I do know that when the insight comes, and it will come of that I'm sure, it will be one of those AHA moments where the light of clarity breaks through and all of a sudden I will see clearly--physically and spiritually.

Until then, I'm going to go put another cold cloth on my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments. Let's talk!