Sunday, April 08, 2012

First Time and Sunday Gratitude

This was the first holiday I have ever spent in my entire life without being with someone I was related to.  It was both harder than I anticipated and yet, perhaps because it was Easter, filled with a certain grace as well.

So today I am grateful for friends who allowed me to share their Easter with them, even though I was probably not very good company.

For ham for dinner.  I love ham, but don't fix it for myself.

For three daffodils that survived the snow storm.

For a chocolate bunny.  In an Easter basket I was given!!!  Dove chocolate bunny.


And for Elijah, who will be six soon, who came and sat on my lap and said, "Deene," very softly and touched my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww . . . that is so sweet! Just know that I was holding you in my heart as well today, Woodeene.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments. Let's talk!