Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Discussion Question

Okay, time for discussion question and no, it's not just to see if anyone is out there reading this. Although that would be nice to know, too.

The question is: Do any of you feel the same way?

Now, the set up. I was trained that you finish what you start. Anything less isn't worth doing. So if you start to clean the kitchen, you clean the kitchen. You don't quit when there still are dishes in the dishwasher to be put away, even if they are just barely dry. A task started must be completed or else you've somehow failed.

This method worked moderately well before I got some health issues. Now it's just plain not possible. And so when I do as much as I can, it never seems like it's good enough. I hear a tape that plays, "Okay, so you got one flower bed weeded; there are five more waiting, you slacker."

Do any of you experience anything similar?
If so, how do you deal with it?

1 comment:

  1. Get ADHD! Then you leave ten things half-finished around the house (ten is a conservative estimate, mind you!).

    Whose tape are you allowing to be played in your head, judging you so harshly? I bet God would look at those unweeded beds and say, "I really like that particular weed. Did you know its roots stretch seven times its height?"

    I, however, do know the compulsion to accomplish something before moving to another something. It's so bad sometimes that I won't even allow myself to "break" to get a glass of water when I'm dangerously thirsty. You know what they call that?

    Stupid.

    Love and peace to you, today, my faraway friend!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments. Let's talk!