Monday, July 23, 2012

A Very Odd Thing

Today something odd happened.  I've had my share of odd happenings, so saying something odd happened means it was SOMETHING ODD!!!

What made it so odd was what happened to Bastet, one of the Royal Pair of Aby cats that allow me to live in their domain.  Basti is a little butterball of a cat with enough curiosity to, well, kill a cat. She was being her usual self, a little aloof but eating, drinking, sunning, sleeping. You know, normal cat things. As is her wont, she decided that perhaps a wee bit of petting might be in order, so she jumped on my lap.  I sort of absent-mindedly scritched her head and then my hand hit something rough.  I looked down and her face was covered in what looked like second-degree burns!

She didn't act like she was in pain but her face looked like raw meat in place.  So we hustled off to the vet who said she had never seen anything like it in her years of practice.

Now here's the odd part.  There wasn't anything burning in the house.  No candles.  No incense.  No fire.  No heater.  The only thing that I can think of was that I had a pot of soup boiling on the stove and she might have put her face near enough to get splashed.

But you'd think she might have made a sound if that had happened. Or acted hurt. Or something.

Nope, not a thing until I saw the absolutely horrendous burns.

Very very odd.

1 comment:

  1. Anne Martin4:23 AM

    well, at least she didn't act like a baby and whine about it.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments. Let's talk!