Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Winter of My Discontent

"Now is the winter of our discontent /
Made glorious summer by this sun of York."


When I was little, I had this perpetual calendar, a sort of circular thing with the months on it. December, January and February were winter. In my mind, the year is still divided that way and tonight, as I get ready for bed, I realized that tomorrow begins a whole new season!!  March/April/May are spring according to my internal calendar from childhood. (Never mind that November through June are essentially grey winter here in Oregon.  I'm not going to think about that!)

Since tomorrow is March 1, I am hoping and praying that there will be a lightening of the burdens that have plagued all of the winter of my discontent.  It's been a very very long winter and I'm quite ready for the summer, not by the sun of York, but by the Son of Man, to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments. Let's talk!