Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Some of my (un)favorite things or I hate yard work

Aphids on roses and moss on the roof eaves
Scraggly flowers and ponds filled with dead leaves
Overgrown bushes and bird-eaten Bings
These are a few of my unfavorite things

Droopy old lilacs and unknown dead plants
Weeds in the deck that cause me to rant
Cheeky young squirrels that think they have wings
These are a few of my unfavorite things

When the yard browns
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling mad
I simply forget my unfavorite things
And then I don't feel so bad.

4 comments:

  1. Great blog, Woodene!! I love the flying squirrel pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:11 AM

    Woodeene - great blog. Sardonic wit with a side of squirrel, and just a splash of ancient Middle Eastern literature. Doesn't sound like they'd go together, but then we know that the truly brilliant ones are daring enough to try. It works. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:40 AM

    Ah, yes! Ever the poet! Delightful! Can you set up your blog to be e-mailed daily to certain of your fans? If so, count me in. If not, I'll check it anyway. I'm writing from somewhere near Bennett, Colorado.
    Love,
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful and witty. Your writing never fails to make me smile. I am glad you resurrected your blog. It makes me feel closer to you somehow, even though we are many miles away. Keep writing and I will keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments. Let's talk!